Sign Up MateStop.com | Pakistans Students Network helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

How to Make French Fries

Prepare to Fry

Homemade French fries are crazy delicious. You can eat them right as they're done – warm and crispy. The best fries are double-fried, first at a lower temperature to cook them through, then drained and allowed to cool before being dipped into hotter oil to crisp them up to golden perfection.

This recipe is very flexible – you can make as many or as few French fries as you like. I plan on at least one large potato worth of French fries per person, but I've certainly made do with less and I've often seen people eat many, many more. I try to balance the inconvenience of doing several batches (and the counter space and time it demands) with doing enough to make the hassle of frying (what with the hot oil and the draining and whatnot) worthwhile. I find doing 4 to 6 potatoes for 4 to 8 people do-able and worthwhile.

Besides potatoes, you'll need a large pot and enough vegetable oil, canola oil, or lard so you have about 2 inches deep in that pot. You'll want plenty of paper towels for draining. I like to drain the fries on a cooling rack over a baking sheet (in lieu of paper towels for a single batch, as an initial draining spot before transferring them to paper towels for multiple batches). You'll also need a slotted spoon or other utensil for fetching the fries out of the hot oil. A thermometer to measure the temperature of the oil is a nice but not necessary tool to have. When it comes time to serve them, I imagine you'll also want to have some salt on hand.

Cut the Potatoes

Whether you peel the potatoes or not is up to you (if you don't peel them, be sure to scrub them clean). I like to cut out eyes and any dark spots, but I like a pristine looking fry.

Peeled or not, the cut is rather key when making French fries. If you have a mandoline, this is the time to break it out and use it. If not, cut each potato in half the long way, lay the cut side flat on the cutting surface and cut into 1/2-inch to 1/4-inch slices. Stack these slices and cut into the same width sticks. Repeat with remaining potatoes.

Soak the Potatoes

Put the cut potatoes in a large bowl and cover with cool water. Let soak for at least 20 minutes. This step will help pull out excess starch, resulting in fluffier and crisper fries.

Drain and Dry the Potatoes

Drain the potatoes and pat them as dry as you can using paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Arrange them in as much of a single layer as possible to they can drain and cool thoroughly.

First Fry

Bring at least 2 inches of oil in a large heavy pot to about 325°F. Fry potatoes, in batches if necessary, at this fairly low frying temperature until the fries are cooked through but still as pale as they were when you put them in the oil, about 5 minutes.

Drain and Cool Semi-Done Fries

Lift fries out of the oil using a slotted spoon or frying basket. Drain them on a cooling rack (set over a baking sheet or pan to catch the drips) or on layers of paper towels. Let sit until completely cool – at least 30 minutes and up to several hours.

Note: You can prepare the fries up through this step up to a day ahead of serving them.

Fry Until Golden

Using the same pot of oil, bring the oil up to the 350°-375°F range. You can use a thermometer or simply test the oil by dropping a fry in it – the oil should sizzle actively, but not violently, around the fry immediately. If it sputters and sizzles aggressively, bring the temperature down until you get an immediate, active yet steady sizzle when you add a fry to the oil.

Add the fries, working in batches if necessary, and cook until golden or starting to turn golden brown, depending on how well done you like your fries, about 5 minutes.

Drain Fries

Lift French fries out of the oil with a slotted spoon or frying basket. Drain them, again, on a cooling rack set over a pan or on layers of paper towels.

Salt and Serve French Fries

I like to sprinkle the fries with sea salt while they are still laid out in a single layer draining. Then I pile them onto a platter, into a bowl, or, if I've made a particularly large batch for a crowd, on a layer of brown paper in the middle of the table and serve them while they're still warm.
sath ketchup bhi lae ao en k bohat bhook lg rahi ha abhi Tongue
Pulpit rock

wow...........my fav
hmmm yummmmy Smile
 like this.
wow my fav Smile
The Only One Who Can Beat Me Is Meh . !

wow my fav Smile

phir bana k khila bhi dain Tongue

Prepare to Fry

Homemade French fries are crazy delicious. You can eat them right as they're done – warm and crispy. The best fries are double-fried, first at a lower temperature to cook them through, then drained and allowed to cool before being dipped into hotter oil to crisp them up to golden perfection.

This recipe is very flexible – you can make as many or as few French fries as you like. I plan on at least one large potato worth of French fries per person, but I've certainly made do with less and I've often seen people eat many, many more. I try to balance the inconvenience of doing several batches (and the counter space and time it demands) with doing enough to make the hassle of frying (what with the hot oil and the draining and whatnot) worthwhile. I find doing 4 to 6 potatoes for 4 to 8 people do-able and worthwhile.

Besides potatoes, you'll need a large pot and enough vegetable oil, canola oil, or lard so you have about 2 inches deep in that pot. You'll want plenty of paper towels for draining. I like to drain the fries on a cooling rack over a baking sheet (in lieu of paper towels for a single batch, as an initial draining spot before transferring them to paper towels for multiple batches). You'll also need a slotted spoon or other utensil for fetching the fries out of the hot oil. A thermometer to measure the temperature of the oil is a nice but not necessary tool to have. When it comes time to serve them, I imagine you'll also want to have some salt on hand.

Cut the Potatoes

Whether you peel the potatoes or not is up to you (if you don't peel them, be sure to scrub them clean). I like to cut out eyes and any dark spots, but I like a pristine looking fry.

Peeled or not, the cut is rather key when making French fries. If you have a mandoline, this is the time to break it out and use it. If not, cut each potato in half the long way, lay the cut side flat on the cutting surface and cut into 1/2-inch to 1/4-inch slices. Stack these slices and cut into the same width sticks. Repeat with remaining potatoes.

Soak the Potatoes

Put the cut potatoes in a large bowl and cover with cool water. Let soak for at least 20 minutes. This step will help pull out excess starch, resulting in fluffier and crisper fries.

Drain and Dry the Potatoes

Drain the potatoes and pat them as dry as you can using paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Arrange them in as much of a single layer as possible to they can drain and cool thoroughly.

First Fry

Bring at least 2 inches of oil in a large heavy pot to about 325°F. Fry potatoes, in batches if necessary, at this fairly low frying temperature until the fries are cooked through but still as pale as they were when you put them in the oil, about 5 minutes.

Drain and Cool Semi-Done Fries

Lift fries out of the oil using a slotted spoon or frying basket. Drain them on a cooling rack (set over a baking sheet or pan to catch the drips) or on layers of paper towels. Let sit until completely cool – at least 30 minutes and up to several hours.

Note: You can prepare the fries up through this step up to a day ahead of serving them.

Fry Until Golden

Using the same pot of oil, bring the oil up to the 350°-375°F range. You can use a thermometer or simply test the oil by dropping a fry in it – the oil should sizzle actively, but not violently, around the fry immediately. If it sputters and sizzles aggressively, bring the temperature down until you get an immediate, active yet steady sizzle when you add a fry to the oil.

Add the fries, working in batches if necessary, and cook until golden or starting to turn golden brown, depending on how well done you like your fries, about 5 minutes.

Drain Fries

Lift French fries out of the oil with a slotted spoon or frying basket. Drain them, again, on a cooling rack set over a pan or on layers of paper towels.

Salt and Serve French Fries

I like to sprinkle the fries with sea salt while they are still laid out in a single layer draining. Then I pile them onto a platter, into a bowl, or, if I've made a particularly large batch for a crowd, on a layer of brown paper in the middle of the table and serve them while they're still warm.

ahan...

phir bana k khila bhi dain Tongue
wow bilal bhai traky bta k khty hen ab bna k khilo bTongue

wow my fav Smile
mery bSmile
ok aa jao bnaa k khilaon ga Tongue